Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Life and Times vol. 5

Hey! It's volume 5!

So what do I have to say? Well, nothing much, just felt like updating this blog. I've been reading my older blog posts though, particularly my very first. It felt nostalgic of course, but the beauty in reading blogs like this is seeing how much I've changed over the years (two years? maybe less, but hey, its still more than one so it deserves to be plural) (and yes, I still put parenthetical side comments, guess some things don't change). Call me sick, but I really get a kick at temporal time travel; putting myself in my shoes back when I first wrote something.



It may be a gift of mine, but even if I have poor memory, when I read something I wrote before, or when I see something I made from a very very long time ago, I re-experience the emotions and sensations I had when I wrote or made whatever that thing is. For example, recently I dug through some old CD's and found some old AMVs I made from a very low resolution cutscene from FFVIII (the one with Rinoa). I spliced some scenes from that video (I think it's the Eyes on Me video, which I still say is a very heartwarming song) into the song Gemini by Sponge Cola. I saw once again the crappy effects I used in the past, plus the crappy Movie maker filters I was so fond of using, but you know what? That wasn't what struck me the most from that video! What struck me was that rush of pride I felt when I finished making it, how proud I was of myself from making such an "awesome" (no it wasn't) video. And even if it does look crappy by my standards now, bringing me back to that time when I made it, made me feel as if it wasn't; bringing me back to the time when my standards weren't as high, and it felt really good!



I HAVE FOND MEMORIES WITH THIS SONG. THANKS FAYE WONG!

It's quite awesome to look back, and it makes me feel like keeping a blog is all worth it. I might even update this blog more often, if only so in the future I could look back to so much more and re experience the emotions I had on the day of a blog post's writing. I don't know if you guys have the same empathy as I do for revisiting and reminiscing, but if you do, I suggest you make the most out of it. It's fun to look back, and it makes you appreciate how God has molded you. It's awesome that way too, since you get to see how much God cares for you, for changing you into who you are right now. And of course, for those who might not have changed much, or who might feel like the change wasn't for the better, realize that this isn't the end of the road, and sooner or later, your fruition as a person would be at hand, just trust in the one who shapes and ripens you.

And with that, today, I bid you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment